This documentation is under active development, meaning that it can change over time as we refine it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Connecting to M3#
There are a number of ways that you can connect to M3. To connect via a command line, see the ssh section. To connect to a desktop session (for graphical applications) see the strudel section.
- Connecting to M3 via ssh
- Connecting to M3 via the MASSIVE desktop
- Connecting to M3 via Strudel2
- Troubleshooting Common Issues Using Strudel
- I can login to Strudel and launch a desktop but cannot connect. I click the connect button and get an error saying “failed to connect to server”
- Strudel Web fails to connect to the desktop or Strudel2 crashes when trying to connect to desktop
- I can connect to a Desktop, but the display looks messed up, or I can see the display, but cannot interact with the Desktop!
- I’m using Strudel Desktop and get an error message “It looks like I was unable to contact the server for a list of sites to connect to…”